• mardi 25 août 2015

    The Vengeance of the Lichamaster (Part four : The Undead Characters)


    For a long time I waited to paint these characters, they are the " Super Stars " of this scenario, it’s exciting and terrible to have to paint them, I hope you’ll enjoy  my work!

    To begin, I replaced the original models of Krell and Ranlac, I think they are not tasty and not rather representative. I created my own figurine of Mikeal Jacsen. The original figurine is rather nice but as you will discover it , it’s not difficult to create your own model. Finally, to avoid confusion on the battfield, I added the name of the characters on their base and you can believe in me it’s very useful in this kind of scenario!


    The Lichemaster: Here is the first avatar of the most fearsome necromancer in the Old World.


    Krell Lord of the Undead : I chose a Champion of the Chaos of Jes Goodwin to represent this character. The posture and the size of this warrior are the reasons of this choice, my own Krell must be impressive. I simply replaced the original Axe by a two handed sword.


    Mikeal Jacsen: Here, I used the very inspired tutoriel of Pil on the Oldhammer Forum to create my own Mikeal Jacsen. Just a simple skeleton and some green stuff, you will admit that the result is good! No? Link


    Ranlac The Black : A lack of inspiration to replace this character, nevertheless, the posture and the sculptured shield are there to inspire a leader.


    See you soon for the other factions.

    29 commentaires:

    1. Absolutely gorgeous work! I really like the way you GS the character names onto the bases.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Yep I like too :) That's a nice way to finish a model.

        Supprimer
    2. These are incredible! Your conversions and additions are so simple, but so powerful. Quite an inspiring post. ;)

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you ! This 4th part is more dedicated to green stuff work and conversions and I'm really happy that you enjoy my work :)

        Supprimer
    3. Superbe. Je suis jaloux de tes talents de bidouilleur, tes persos ont beaucoup de caractère.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Merci beaucoup, si j'avais le temps... je passerai encore plus de temps à modifier mes figurines avant la mise en peinture.
        Pour le coup, j'ai pris le temps de modifier celles ci et je suis très satisfait du résultat.
        A+ Nico

        Supprimer
    4. Jeeesus Christ... O_o
      The ultimate treat!!!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Keep an eye here... Next week I post my current works... I hope you will enjoy the Skaven/Monks factions.

        Supprimer
    5. And who's gonna see them in real ? ME !
      Can't wait to play the game !
      Super boulot, le Jacksen est même mieux que l'original à mon goût.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you lucky man :)
        C'est cool merci, sache que cette conversion est assez simple à réaliser ... mais comme d'habitude... Il faut avoir du temps pour ça :)
        A+ Nico

        Supprimer
    6. Magnifiques peintures et conversions "as usual", Jacsen est vraiment terrible, et effectivement le nom en GS sur le socle est une très bonne idée qui ajoute un ++ aux figurines de personnages.

      RépondreSupprimer
    7. Merci beaucoup, en fait, je prépare mon coup depuis assez longtemps :)
      Ce que j'ai réalisé en quelques jours a muri fort longtemps dans ma tête, d'autres choses sont à venir ;)

      A+ Nico

      RépondreSupprimer
    8. Paint jobs aside' your shield work is amazing!

      You've done a stellar job, once again Nico :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    9. I discovered recently, that I had the capacity to make skulls. Shields are an excuse to be able to make it more :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    10. J'adore les boucliers! Et aussi l'épée de Krell, autant la peinture que le "modelling". Top notch.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Merci c'est cool de ta part ;) ca fait du bien des fois de poser les pinceaux pour jouer avec la Green stuff :)
        A+ Nico

        Supprimer
    11. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

      RépondreSupprimer
    12. Incredible conversions. Nice Characters... A great Undead Army!

      RépondreSupprimer
    13. Unbelievable work. A really pleasure to admire

      RépondreSupprimer
    14. Hello Nico, great stuff there, your lichmeister is great, one of my top minis. It's old, but it's got great personnality.

      Did you manage to get enough metal skeletons?

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Julien :)
        Pour les squelettes/zomb c'est bon, j'ai à peu pret les effectifs de départ du scénario ... au moins ça me permet de me limiter dans mes achats :)

        Supprimer
    15. Nico, these are absolutely stunning conversions.
      The blue hair on Mikeal is fantastic, inspired work to stay away from the usual flaming red.

      RépondreSupprimer
    16. Thank you Aiteal :) In fact, It's really hard to paint a realistic red/orange fire, Ethereal fire here permit me to avoid this difficulty !!
      Nico.

      RépondreSupprimer
    17. Thank you Punisher :) My next message... The monks faction !

      RépondreSupprimer
    18. Hello. I've recently found your blog. Your art is amazing! Love your painting style and what a great details and conversions!
      For example, the lettering...do you sculpt it one letter by one or do you use a stencil or similar?

      RépondreSupprimer
    19. Hi Tencil, thank you for you kind comment, letters are sculpted one by one with hobby knife! Good evening, Nico

      RépondreSupprimer