• lundi 22 février 2016

    Frostgrave : Adventurers


    s many of you, I succumbed to the charms of Frostgrave. Looking for adventure in a ruined city, wow… these simple words remember me a lot very nice moments of role playing games with friends! One more time nostalgia strikes me! The translation in French of the Osprey rules by the Studio Tomahawk (Game editor of Saga) popularized this game in our country. Advantages of this game : The rules are simple and interesting, games are fast, quick evolution of your wizard. And, it’s possible to recycle many models which sleep in our display cases. It’s sufficient to stimulate the curiosity of many players around me, it’s the beginning of the Frostgrave fever!

    From my point of view, some aspects of Frostgrave are less sexy. The snow, for a frost grave it’s useful but for modeling it’s a little bit monochrome. Even if the game is great, I don’t plan to cover with snow my sceneries. The other thinks who bothers me (no drama!), in this medieval fantastic world there are only human beings, it’s strange no? I saw very creative players by-passing this restrictive aspect by building expeditions of Orcs, creatures of the Chaos or medieval Japanese … Very inspired, real pleasure for the eyes. I chose to build my expedition with several symbolic races of the medieval fantastic role play universes.

    Very few purchases to build my expedition and my bestiary. It’s the moment to take in my lead box numerous monsters or independent characters. These Miniatures which slept too long time without real hope to be painted. It’s the opportunity for me  to paint Skarloc without his renowned regiment or to paint imperial dwarfs without collecting the whole unit. It’s nice to be able to paint figurines independently of a  big project. I also joined models recently painted to decrease the time of painting of my expedition. If you visit regularly this blog you’ll recognize: The wizard Bagrian and his apprentice, the Ex Citadel from foundry Mercenaries and Barbarian. The next messages of this blog will be still dedicated to Frostgrave.  Treasures and of course…  the bestiary!





    9 commentaires:

    1. The next supplement for frostgrave includes Gnolls, so other non-humans probably aren't too far off.

      RépondreSupprimer
    2. Hi Andrew and thank you for your comment, I have seen some messages on FB about this supplement. Yep Gnolls :) I haven't read this name since 20 years... Glorious comeback of these sneaky gits!

      RépondreSupprimer
    3. Thank you. So cool to see somme good little treasures from the past...with fresh paint. Good job.

      RépondreSupprimer
    4. Thank you Lucius!! If you love these treasures "from the past"... I have many others surprises for you!! Keep an eye on my Blog :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    5. Mais c'est une invasion de Berruyère!! Soit le bienvenu dans mon Royaume :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    6. Love your Frostgrave bunch - great oldschool feel!

      RépondreSupprimer
    7. First time reading this blog, thanks for sharing

      RépondreSupprimer