• dimanche 13 mars 2016

    Frostgrave : Monsters (Animals and Undeads)


    Hello ! Today we talk about the Frostgrave Bestiary. Yep, you not only play against another wizard expedition, but also against the game himself who’s controler of some Monsters. A chart manage the random encounters : Animals, undeads, Golems, Demons, … You can download some additional rules on the Studio Tomahawk web site, with these rules you can start the games with marauding monsters on the board (rules are in french).

    When you start to paint a bestiary, it’s a mini challenge because you need to paint a lot of different creatures, in different colours in a short period. Sometimes tricky for the different furs of the animals and different skins shades for the Undead. But I think it’s a good exercise for a painter.

    You probably recognise some Skeletons and Zombies painted last year for the Veangeance of the Lichemaster. It’s another good point for Frostgrave, this game allows to recycle many of our models. I am proud because for the moment, I haven’t buy miniatures to build an honnorable Bestiary. I use only what I have in my Leadpile or my display case! Next article : Golems and Demons.

    7 commentaires:

    1. It s crazy to see all these fantastic miniatures. I think I bought almost everyone of them (30 years ago, damned!)But I never saw them so cool!

      RépondreSupprimer
    2. Thank you Lucius :) Frostgrave have some Necro power , it raise our old miniatures from the pile :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    3. Liar ! I m sure you re involved in this necrotic non sense. Démon!

      RépondreSupprimer
    4. The great conspiracy against plastic toy soldiers :)

      RépondreSupprimer
    5. Top top, avec une préférence pour les bestioles et le travail sur les peaux/ fourrures, coup de coeur pour les araignées avec leurs couleurs et leur croissant de lune.

      RépondreSupprimer
    6. Salut et merci à toi Poitre, les araignées sont des assez vieilles elles datent d'avant 85. Pour Donjon et Dragon. Des couleurs automnales mais efficaces. A bientôt.

      RépondreSupprimer